Handmade jewellery was a generally desired closet Staple for decades. Whether it’s the only sort of jewelry you buy or some thing you picked up on holiday, you have a minimum of one piece of handmade jewelry in your closet. Still, many people do not understand the real value of handmade jewellery compared to its mass produced counterparts.
There are various reasons why handmade jewels are more of an investment than bits that are made in bulk quantities, so we thought we would break it down for you!
Here are 10 Things About Handmade Jewelry you must know:
- Purchasing handmade jewelry means you get a bond with the artist. At any time you wear handmade jewelry, you are part of the narrative the manufacturer or artisan is telling during their work.
- Each artist has a distinctive reason behind designing jewelry. By definition, handmade jewelry is literally just that, made by the Hands of the artisan or the designer.
- The bits are soldered, sawed, carved, and formed without using manufacturing machines. As mentioned before, since there are no machines involved, it may take an unbelievable time period to make just one piece of handmade jewelry. That’s a lot of dedication, attention, and focus on your piece of jewelry.
- The manufacturer has a very intimate relationship with every piece or design they create. The layout process is key to the value that’s inherent in each piece.
- As a Designer/Artisans, all the energy enters the piece. Manufacturers and artisans can simply produce a restricted number of bits in their career as a designer.
- Owning a piece of handmade jewellery means you probably have a limited edition that gives you a feeling of exclusivity. In nearly each case, the substances involved with a handmade item are of stellar quality.
- Jewelry makers are frequently devoted to sustainability and ethically sourced materials.
- By giving this artisans that we job with educational opportunities and fair trade wages, we attempt to give them the tools to attain financial independence and come their very own.
- With the extra value inherent in handmade jewellery, you’re also purchasing a truly distinctive product which can help to support communities.
- When you think about it, handmade bits are always unique in their very own way. No two pieces of handmade jewellery are exactly the same.