Madhubani Painting Workshop
Saturday | 5th June 2021
3:00pm – 5:30pm IST
This beginner-level Madhubani workshop by Kavita Das is the best way to give colors to your imaginations and learn this beautiful art form.
Madhubani painting is one of the famous art forms that originated in India. It is practiced in the Mithila region of Bihar. These paintings often have characteristics like complex geometrical patterns. They are also well known for representation of ritual content in special occasions like Festivals & Marriage.
What will the participants learn in the workshop?
- Introduction to Madhubani Painting.
- Different Styles of Madhubani paintings.
- Basics of the signs, designs of this art form.
- How these signs and designs can be used to make a motif.
- Different styles of Sun drawing in Madhubani style.
- Basic techniques of face feature drawing for Sun.
- A4 Paper
- 0.3 black pen
- Pencil eraser
- Poster colors/Acrylic/Gouache
Know The Artist
A NIFT New Delhi graduate, visual merchandiser by profession & a Madhubani Artist. I am from Mithila & learned this art-form from my ancestors. It's been practised by my family members for many occasions, especially in marriage.